FAQ 207: ADP--Print passing test after HCE corrections


An ADP/ACP test that I ran failed to pass the ADP portion of the test and ASC corrected the deferrals of the HCE. Is there a way to re-run the failing test to show that it is now passing using the adjusted deferral amounts?


No, there is not. The amounts actually returned or classified as catchup contributions based on the dollar leveling method are seldom the same as the amounts calculated to pass the test based on the percentage leveling method. As a result, you cannot simply re-run a test using the adjusted amounts to show a passing test as you could prior to SBJPA.