FAQ 32: ADP--Failed test forfeiture coding


How do I code it if a plan fails the ADP/ACP test and I need to forfeit some funds for one of the HCEs?


For refund of deferrals, code them as a withdrawal. For forfeiting of ATMs, code them as a transfer out to avoid vesting anomalies.