FAQ 300: Calculations--Offsetting the 415 limit for an employee by contributions made to other non-ASC plans


I am working on a DC plan that is part of an affiliated service group. I want to limit his contribution in this plan to be the $41,000 415 max less the contribution he received in the other plan. How do I limit his contribution in this plan?


You can enter an amount in the "Contributions to Other Plan" field on the Limits screen of his employee record. The system will then use this to offset the 415 maximum in its calculations.