| FAQ 604: Eligibility--Code entry dates not based on plan year |
I have a plan where the entry dates are not based on the plan year. How can I add this to the existing dates available on ASC?
- From the ASC Main Menu, choose "Access" and "Table Maintenance".
- From the TBLMAINT menu, either choose View-General-Entry Dates, or just choose "Entry Dates" on the left if using the Tree View option.
- Click on the "Add" button, input a Table Name and a Description for the entry date table, and click on the "Save" button.
- Then choose your new table from the list and click on the "Edit" button.
- Set the Eligibility option to the proper parameter (usually "Date following").
- Select the Number of Dates to be input
- Input the plan year beginning in the Plan Year Begins field.
- Then input the entry dates in the fields on the right.
- Then click on the "OK" button to save your changes.
Then go into the PLANSPEC application and choose "File" and "Reload Tables" to re-populate the listing of entry date tables. This step is necessary as the drop-down lists are populated when you first start the PLANSPEC application when the system is started, so the list must be refreshed if you add a new table. Then go into the Eligibility specs, set the Entry Date field to "F-Entry Date Table", and then choose your entry date table in the Entry Table field. Then save your specs and run eligibility and you should see the proper entry dates being calculated.