| FAQ 1110: Conversion Wizard for Employee Census Data |
How does the conversion of census employee data work?
To see how a conversion wizard works follow these instructions below.
This is a wizard designed to pick up xls files named appropriately (clientno_census.xls) and import them into an existing ASC plan.
To run this conversion wizard SAMPLE designed to use the Clientno field:
1) Setup a plan in ASC in a library and insert the Clientno “SAMPLE”
2) SAVE ALL OF THESE FILES (UNZIPPED) to your ASC\USER folder
3) Create a folder under ASC\USER labeled EEDATA and another within called DCCEN (C:\ASC\USER\EEDATA\DCCEN)
4) Save the Sample_CENSUS.xls FILE to the DCCEN folder in #3 above.
5) Open ASC (Untitled) - no plans should be open
6) Click on Utilities-Wizards-Execute and locate the file labeled DCEEImportASC.wzd - the file is located in the ASC\USER folder
7) Click on Enter Data
8) On the Enter Data screen, complete the path to locate the wizards, the data file (DCCEN) and then enter the plan disk and plan numbers to review and import.
9) Then back on the main screen, click Execute Script - answer Yes to the question.
10) The wizard worked if you see the Reporter window appear and show you the import file data.
11) Next open the plan and check the employee data menu to see the ee census imported.