| FAQ 211: Globally delete cases |
I've got a list of about 25 old cases that I want to delete to free up space. Is there any way to do this other than open each case and click the delete button?
Attached are the necessary files for the Delete Plans wizard. Copy the four files into your \ASC\USER directory and do the following to execute the "wizard" which runs the underlying script:
1) Close any of the plans to be deleted that you might be in, and have other users do the same.
2) From the ASC Main Menu, choose "Utilities", "Wizards" and "Execute".
3) Choose the "DELPLANS.WZD" file as the file to use and click on the "Open" button.
4) Click on the "Enter Data" button and input the disk(s) to scan and those to skip, the plan numbers to start
and stop with, and the plan year ends to begin and end with. When finished, click on the "OK" button.
5) Click on the "Execute Script" button to start the process.
6) When the confirmation box appears, click on the "Yes" button to start the process.
7) When the process is finished, it will say "Completed" next to Execution Status.