| FAQ 992: DGEM document and Val system integration |
Could you please direct me to step by step instructions (or tutorial) to enable me to import my plan data from DGEM into the valuation program? I see in the Planspec's File menu an option for Import DGEM, but it is grayed out so I can not select it. I have my plans in DGEM (have been using for a while) and just installed the val system.
please use the following instructions:
Details with screenshots for this are found in the Systems Reference Manual under the main ASC menu-Help, chapter 7 (and attached).
To complete the automation you must have some special coding and processes completed prior to attempting to import from DGEM.
• Use Notepad to edit the ASC.ini file in the ASC directory as follows, If you already have a [PlanSpec] section, add these as the last two lines to the end of it (you may copy/paste from here):
• You must also input the DGEM Client Number in the main ASC menu, click on Utilities-ASC Systems\activating the ASCUtil program. Select View-Client Information and input your DGEM Client Number in the bottom field, click OK. Exit.
• You must next Register the remote access - with ASC closed - go to your Windows - Run command and run ASC\Register.exe, UNCHECK 'Register standard EXE and DLLs' and CHECK the box to Register DGEM Remote Access
• Select a client from these document types:
The document types that this process works with are the following and their PPA counterparts:
o PS/401(k) VS AA
o PS/401(k) Traditional VS AA
o PS/401(k) Prototype AA (nonstandardized)
o PS/401(k) Standardized Proto AA.
• Next open that client plan in ASC, be sure it is a plan you have setup in DGEM with one of the above plan document types. Also be certain to have the plan number (e.g. 001) and Trust ID# in the CORPORAT screen of the Plan Specs. This is the identifying data that will link the ASC system and DGEM system for your individual plans. Click on File-Import DGEM.